- A little sweeter than we expected;
- Very nice;
- Would be good with Asian food, we suspect.
- A very typical Muller-Thurgau;
- Seemed extremely robust and flavorful after the light reception Riesling;
- Nice acidity;
- Well matched with the chicken appetizer (which our six-year-old daughter loved; we liked it, too!).
- Extra honeyness;
- Lots of lychee flavour;
- Very, very nice.
Entrée: Bison tenderloin with sun-dried tomato sauce, potato au gratin and seasonal vegetables
2003 Black Tower Pinot Noir/Dornfelder - Pfalz
2002 Selbach Riesling Spätlese - MSR
We may not have liked the soup, but we loved this fabulous entrée: tender, delicious, wonderful. Also very, very large.
As for the wine, first, the red:
- Light bouquet;
- Dark red in colour;
- Good tannin;
- Went very well with the bison.
- Also very nice;
- Went better with the sun-dried tomato glaze and vegetables than the bison.
2000 Dienhard Beerensauslese - Rheinhessen
The dessert was absolutely delicious; way too big after the giant appetizer and huge entree, but somehow we managed to choke it down.
As for the wine:
- Ed loved it;
- Margaret Anne said "I've had better";
- Burnt orange and honey flavours;
- As usual, we preferred the wine by itself rather as a match for the dessert.